Dr. E. Pamela Hutchison BSc, ND
Dr. Hutchison's practice is very busy, and she is focusing her intake of new patients on adults and children who primarily have concerns that fall into one of the following three catagories. (Please note: Patients referred in by their MDs, Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Clinical Counsellors , or who are family members of current patients are accepted into her practice):
- Neurological concerns: MS, Parkinson Disease, Traumatic Brain injury, Post-Concussion syndrome, Tourette's, and other neurological conditions.
- Mental Health and Neurobehavioural concerns: Depression, Panic disorder, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar Disorder, Autism, ADHD, and other mental and emotional concerns.
- Complex Chronic Disorders: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Lyme Disease.
Currently, new patient visits are booking 3 months in advance. IF you can be available for a short-notice visit (usually you are called with 1-3 days notice, but we do call same day sometimes), please let our front-desk staff know - this can shorten your wait for a first visit. If you cannot, rest assured we diligently work through our waitlist, and we do triage more urgent situations. If you feel your situation requires more timely support, discuss this with front-end staff when you call.
Pamela has operated a thriving naturopathic practice in Victoria since 2001. She is the Owner and Clinic Director of Acacia Integrative Health and is thrilled to be working with the skilled professionals in Acacia’s team. Pamela was one of the first 177 naturopathic physicians in Canada to gain prescriptive authority. She can prescribe medications and natural substances that are prescription only.
Pamela has a special interest and experience in natural treatments for mental and emotional health concerns, neurological disorders, neurobehavioural disorders and ADHD. She frequently works with adults and children with health concerns such as: depression, post-partum depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar mood disorders, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, addictions, ADD/ADHD, Tourette’s syndrome, Asperger’s syndrome, autism, sensory processing disorders, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cognitive decline and Parkinson disease. For the past 16 years, her practice has been focused in these areas.
Dr. Hutchison completed her pre-medical studies at the University of Guelph with a focus on human biology, nutrition, and pharmacology. Pamela is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, where she completed 4 years of rigorous training in general medical science (anatomy, histology, pathology, pharmacology, etc.) and holistic medical treatments (nutrition, botanical medicine, acupuncture, etc.). As part of a year-long clinical internship, she spent eight months working at a community clinic serving mainly low-income populations such as recent refugees and people with mental health concerns.
Dr. Hutchison regularly upgrades her skills and knowledge base and has completed extra training in the following areas:
- Clinical Training in Mind Body Medicine at the Harvard School of Medicine.
- Acupuncture: various courses including NADA Acudetox for Addictions.
- IV nutrient therapy (American College for the Advancement of Medicine)
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Pharmaceutical prescribing though Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and UBC's School of Pharmacy
- IV Chelation Therapy for removal of stored toxic heavy metals and treatment of atherosclerosis. (American College for the Advancement of Medicine)
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, NYU Neuromodulation Conference
- Lyme disease Assessment and Treatment Fundamentals - ILADS
- Advanced training in Nutritional Management of Psychiatric disorders (Dr Walsh and colleagues)
- Advanced training in the use of Amino Acids to correct Relative Nutrient Deficiencies
- Prescribing and monitoring of Low-Dose Naltrexone Therapy
- IV therapy for Addiction and Neurological Diseases.
She is licensed to practice Acupuncture, IV Therapy and Chelation Therapy by the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia.
Pamela is an active member of the CNPBC, BCNA, and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
When she is not at work, Dr Pam is a recreational triathlon enthusiast and an engaged community member who takes part in many local causes (especially if there is a bike ride involved!). She is a wife and a mother of two children who inspire her to make this world a better place.